· Charles Arthur
· Gary Flood
6) Media budget cutter
· Graham Harman, MD of business-technology at Incisive Media
· Sly Bailey,
· Geoff Wilmott, chief executive of Centaur
· Jerry Yang,
7) Up its own arse
· Google's Zeitgeist conference
-- Queen whatsername from
· The "merger" of Computing & IT Week
-- Er, wasn't it a closure?
· Steve Ballmer: "
-- Come again? What metrics you working with there, Uncle Fester?
8) Wank 2.0: User-generated twat
· Jeff Jarvis, author of Buzz Machine & Guardian columnist
· Richard Bailey, lecturer,
-- A platter of self-promotion garnished with essential oils of arslikhan
· Brendan Cooper, Fleishman-Hillard
-- Cooper calls himself "Your friendly digital social media PR, ummm, thingy". He didn't come last year because he thought he'd have to pay to get in. But on his blog he's boasting about "blagging" a ticket to work on the registration desk tomorrow night. So here, to entertain you, is an extract from one of Cooper's recent posts:
This year, the focus of thousands of bloggers from around the world is on poverty.
There are plenty of statistics on global poverty, and you can see many excellent posts on the Blog Action Day site. But what does poverty actually mean?
Poverty can take many forms. Today, for example, I’ve been intending to post on the subject all day but found I simply could not find the time to do so. This is poverty of time. . .
Increasingly I also see poverty of relationships. . .