Time for a wee update. As Twitter followers will know, The Flackenhacks 2008 has now got a date and a venue:
7pm, Wednesday 29 October 2008
at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3PQ
We are very, very chuffed with The Village Underground. Not only does it have tube train carriages on the roof, it's only a few minutes from tube stations at Liverpool Street and Old Street (as you can see here).
Oh, and it's got room for 300+ people. We've posted a few more pictures of the venue here, at Flickr.
The tube train carriages on the roof turn out to be important. They've been converted into offices. And inside those offices a whole bunch of people work -- including the graffiti artists who will hopefully reinterpret The Flackenhacks' logo for us on the night.
As in: 20ft tall, spray-painted at the front entrance. We suspect you'll be unable to miss us if you tried. . .
Here at Flackenhacks HQ, we're now working flat out on preparations. Here's some of what's happening:
- Axicom and NixonMcInnes have signed up as 2008 sponsors. We've got advanced conversations going with half-a-dozen other potential sponsors. If you're interested, please get in touch soon -- at this rate, we'll be running out of space soon.
- Compere Paul Wooding and DJ John Ozimek have signed up to do their respective business at this year's event. . .
- Ticket sales will start this week. If you buy tickets during the next fortnight or so, we'll be offering an Early Monkey discount. Keep your eyes peeled. . .
- This year, we hope more of our friends from the Fourth Estate will join us. To this end, we'll be encouraging you to bid on EBay to buy cheap tickets on behalf of 60 of the world's leading tech hacks. 50% of the takings will go to Byte Night. More anon. . .
- In the next fortnight or so, we'll be holding a Flackenhacks Social in Shoreditch. We'll take a nose around the venue before retiring somewhere across the road to contemplate our awards shortlist. Anyone and everyone interested in The Flackenhacks will be welcome to join us. . .